Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q1: For which programme a 10th pass candidate can apply?
Ans: A 10th pass/appearing (English, Mathematics & Science as subjects IN Study) candidate can apply for Integrated Certificate Diploma programme (SET-I).
- Q1: Is there any avenue for 10th pass with Industrial experience?
Ans: Yes. A 10th pass (English, Mathematics & Science as subjects in Study) candidate who have passed full time 2-Yr. ITI / Certificate/ 10+2 vocational in relevant trade with 50% marks (45% marks for candidates belonging to reserved category ) from Govt. / Semi Govt. Institute alongwith 2 years industrial experience from Govt. / Semi Govt./ Private Industry of repute can apply for ICD 2nd Year(Lateral Entry) (SET-IA).
- Q2: For which programme a 10+2 pass candidate can apply?
Ans: A 10+2 pass/appearing (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as main subject in a subject study ) candidate can take admission in 1st year of 4-Yr degree course. He/she needs to appear in JEE (Main)-2015 and subsequent counselling of CSAB-2015. Visit the website www.jeemain.nic.in for details.
- Q3: Can a diploma holder get admission in degree course?
Ans: A diploma holder can get admission in degree course through lateral entry. He/she should apply for SET-III.
- Q4: Whether there will be SET entrance exam for admission to M.Tech. program?
Ans: No, the admission to M.Tech. course will be made through CCMT-2015. One can apply through CCMT-2015. Please, visit www.ccmt.in for details.
- Q5: How one can apply for M.Tech. course at SLIET?
Ans: The candidate can apply through CCMT-2015.
- Q6: Whether there will be SET entrance exam for MBA ?
Ans: No, only GATE /CAT of corresponding year/CMAT-2015 qualified candidate having B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc(Engg). / Equivalent from any AICTE recognized Institute/ university can apply for admission to MBA programme. For detailed admission procedure refer information brochure.
- Q7: How one can apply for MBA admission at SLIET?
Ans: For MBA admission at SLIET, apply through www.sliet.ac.in (SET -IV) latest by 31st March, 2015. B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc.(Engg.) passed/appearing candidates having qualified GATE/ valid score of CAT of corresponding year/ CMAT-2015. For details see the schedule.
- Q8: Whether there will be entrance exam for M.Sc.?
Ans: For M.Sc. programme the candidate has to appear at the test PU-CET(PG)-2015 conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh(www.puchd.ac.in). The candidate will have to apply online to SLIET Longowal within 07 days from the date of declaration of PU -CET (PG)-2015 result. CUCET-15 and JAM-15 qualified candidates can also apply. Detailed counseling schedule for M.Sc. programmes will be displayed at www.sliet.ac.in.
- Q9: What is the eligibly for admission to M.Sc. programme at SLIET Longowal ?
Ans: For admission in M.Sc. programme at SLIET one must have a B.Sc. degree with relevant subject as per the programme in which the candidate wants to seek his/her admission.
- Q10: Whether vertical entry student shall apply for direct entry seat also?
Ans: The application for vertical entry seat shall be treated as application for both types of entry seats wherever applicable.
- Q11: Can a Non – GATE applicant apply for M.Tech. at SLIET?
Ans: No, one must have a valid GATE score for M.Tech admission at SLIET. Please visit www.ccmt.in for more details.